Tuesday, May 11, 2010

TOP TEN funny things my kids have said and done

1. ( 2006)When Michael was first born, Domenic was about two and a half years old. At that time we realized that yes, even children as young as two years old are capable of lying! Michael was laying in his crib watching his mobile spin. I told Domenic not to touch the mobile and I went into the other room. I came back to find the mobile ontop of baby Michael! After fixing it, I asked Domenic if he touched it and knocked it down like I told him not to. He looked at me with a completely strait face and said, "Michael hit it really hard" Ofcourse he did not! He was only an infant! Lol. Lets just say Dom got into trouble fo that one!

2. After peeing all over me while learning to go pee on the potty, Michael looks up at me (who had just flipped out!) and says with a pouty lip and big eyes, "Sorry about that mom." I have to say I couldn't be upset at him after that.

3. (Oct. 2008) It was fall and the boys were outside raking leaves and playing in them. I had gone inside to take care of Sam. I came back out a while later after Domenic told me he had a great idea: Sliding down the slide into the leaves. Yes, that would normally be a good Idea. But when I came outside I realized he had left out one little detail. He and Michael decided to do this IN THE GARAGE!!!!! They had raked all the piles of leaves in teh front yard into the garage!!! You couldn't even see the ground. As I helped them rake out the garage it definitly was not funny; but I can see the humor in it now!

4. (Feb. 2009) I was cleaning the coffee table with pledge wood cleaner and Domenic looks at me and says, " Mom, why are you putting Chemicals on the table?"

5. (Feb. 2009) I was making a salad and the boys wanted to eat some cucumber slices so I gave them each one. I look in the family room and they have their shirts off and their cucumbers in their mouths like mouthgaurds as they pretended they were fighters.

6. I was cleaning the house and singing that song that goes "No air, how am I suppost to breathe with no air... no air.." Domenic looks at me with this raised eyebrow and says, "Mom, you couldn't! You would just die!"

7. When Domenic found out we were having a baby shower at our house he asked me, " But mom, how are you all going to fit in the shower?"

8. When Michael was 3 we went on a walk one afternoon and he was riding his scooter. Out of the blue he stopped his scooter and said, "wait mom! Someone is texting me" He pulled out his toy phone opened it up and pressed a couple buttons. Looking up he said, "Its Buzz" then put the phone back in his pocket and got back on his scooter!

9. Pretending to talk on the phone one day Michael said, "Hi Domenic. I miss you. I'm stuck here with the two girls!"

10. We took the boys skating at R.I.T one day. Domenic saw the big metal sculpture and said to Bryan, "what is that?" Bryan told him it was art. Domenic then said, "It looks like a big pile of garbage!"

So there you have it! And knowing my kids, there will definitly be more to come!! I hope this gave you a good laugh!

Love,

Shannon

9 comments:

  1. hahaha. Thanks for sharing Shannon. That made me smile :) Never a dull moment with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So funny. I LOVE 5, 8,9, & 10 the best! Too funny. BTW, it TOTALLY looks like a pile of garbage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my nephews...they are so cute! Can't wait to start hearing about the things Sam's going to do! Your blog looks great, well done sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are hysterical Shannon! I love numbers 7-10! I should start keeping track and make a similar post b/c Connor does funny things as well. Gotta love our boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shannon! I have a blog award for you! I love reading your blog, it is a great encouragement to me! Stop by my blog, read my post and find your name to find out which award you've won :) Congratulations!
    http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Traci Michele sent me over for a visit! I am your newest follower and looking forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon, I just found your blog, and Love it! It is really cute and you are a great little journalist :) Made me laugh with the mobile thing, love ya,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Thanks for sending me over here. I love blogging for many reasons! What a cute family you have. Thanks for sharing. My kids make me laugh everyday, they're just so special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too much!!! I've heard some of these stories, but there were a few that I hadn't :) I just wish you guys lived closer!!

    ReplyDelete