Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thanks and Thoughts on Mother's Day

On this Mothers Day, I would like to thank my grandmother for raising my mother to be such a great woman! I would like to thank my mother for being such an example of godliness and love; for all the sacrifices she made for me growing up; and for raising me to love the Lord. I would like to thank my mother-in-law for all she does and for the amazing man who is now my husband. I would like to thank my husband, for without him I would not have my three beautiful children. I am so blessed to be a mother and to be able to stay home with my children as they grow up! I never could have dreamed I would have been blessed with such a life! There is no one else I would rather be than mommy. Mom to a six year old fully dressed in camo outside collecting bugs and climbing trees. A boy who says to me on a rough day, " Mom, you look tired, why don't you go lay down and rest and I will do the dishes." A boy who is so protective over his sister that when she hurts her head on the door, he goes crazy " beating up" the door, because he is so mad that it hurt Sam! (Can't wait to see what he is going to do when the first boy hurts her! Lol) Mommy to a four year old who needs his blue doggie in order to sleep every night. A boy who loves to cuddle and give me kissess all day. A boy who would rather drink milk than eat food (Milkle the Milkaholic). The little man who just attracts coolness and can hold a beat from any song he hears. Momma to a little princess who already loves shoes. The one who says babada for bananna, and who sings "dada, dada, Papa, Papa" all day. She is a little girl who loves her doggie and loves to climb on his back and bounce on him. Her first words were no, stop, and dont! (lol! She had all the critical ones down to manage her brothers) definitly a little girl who can hold her own! She is a true daddy's girl who loves to give him kissess and cuddle in his neck when she is sleepy. Each one of my precious little gifts I am so thankful for! It is a priviledge to care for them. Lastly I want to thank my God for entrusting me with their little souls. I pray that as their mother, especially on this mother's day, I would be a mother that glorifies and pleases him. A mother that raises her children to love and serve the Lord.

2 comments: