Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Introduction to Growing God's Gifts

Hi Everybody! Yes, I too, have officially joined the blogging bandwagon! I have decided to start this blog in an attempt to motivate myself in my goal of daily encouraging my children to follow Christ. I am a stay at home mom, with my oldest child in public school. I am realizing more and more how fast they grow up and how early the world starts attempting to make its mark on our children. My desire is to Make my time home with the Children Matter! (Check out My Sis-In-Law's blog: makeitmatterjr.blogspot.com) I thought that maybe this would not only encourage me to be consistent, but also other mothers who have the same goal! Striving to raise your children to be "in the world, but not of the world" can be a daunting task, especially when they are in school most of the day. We struggle ourselves with the same thing! But it is important, and God would not give us mothers a task that was impossible. I will be blogging about ways we can point our children to Christ including devos, activities, ect. I will also be sharing stories of my experiences with my children as i strive for that goal. Even if you don't have kids, I promise you will atleast get a lot of laughs out of this blog. I will be posting all the funny things that the kids say and do on a regular basis! Along with all that, I will be giving updates on our family and on the new ministry we are starting at Open Door Baptist Church called "hearts in his hands." This ministry's goal is to encourage and support new and expecting mothers as they start off on a new chapter of their life! I am by no means an expert, but learning as I go, so if u have an idea or imput, especially if you are an experienced mom who has "been there and done that" Please Share!!! and stay tuned!

Godbless,
Shannon

3 comments:

  1. PS: Love your new picture you made of your kiddos. They are too precious.

    Hey, you should check out Alaina's new blog:

    http://www.reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon! Welcome to the blogging world! I, too, am new to it all! I just created my blog 2 weeks ago but the responses I have gotten have been so encouraging to me and I've even made some new friends! I am officially following your blog and I look forward to reading new posts and hearing updates on your family! I am not a very creative person so I would really love new ideas to talk to Becca about Christ. I tell her about Jesus and how He loves us and He lives in Heaven and we sing the songs and I read her stories. She doesn't really get it though. She may be too young, I don't know. But, it's my job as her mother to teach her, otherwise how would she know right?
    If you get a chance, check out my blog....love ya!
    http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete