Thursday, March 1, 2012

Calm in the Morning


Is this how you feel some mornings???  I don't know how your mornings typically are but mine tend to be a little hectic and I tend to be a little not too thrilled to be up!  I think many of you can relate. My day starts a little after 6:30 am when the little girl I watch arrives. Then it's time to wake up the boys for school and feed everybody breakfast. Ironing my husbands clothes, making coffee, getting the boys clothes out for them, finding everyone socks!, getting snacks and lunches together, finding papers, tying shoes, finding backpacks, making sure teeth are brushed, getting the girl's busy doing something, letting the dogs out, letting the muddy dogs in, wiping the muddy dogs, feeding the dogs, filling sippie cups, making sure the boys have hats, gloves, coats, and Lord help me if it snowed and I also have to shovel a path to the bus.  Anyways, I think you get the Idea..... CRAZINESS!


Soooo what to do???!!!!


If I was able to resist the urge to hit the snooze button 3 times before getting up in the am I would be like the Proverbs 31 woman who "rises while it is yet night and gives food to her household."  I would be up very early,  I would exercise for about 30min, read my Bible and pray, get dressed, and of course have my hair and makeup done.  I tell myself all this and often even set my alarm for early but it doesn't often happen.  But what about when it is 10:00 at night and you really just want to go to bed, what if you took just 10 minutes and prepared for your morning.  What if you thought of the "You" of tomorrow instead of the "You" of right now, as my awesomely organized sis-in-law once said.  You will still be "rising while it is night", just the other end of it. 


Last night I took just 10 minutes and laid out the kids clothes and Ironed for Bryan.  Just by doing those two little things my morning went much smoother.  Imagine if I had set the coffee, made lunch's and prepared the kids backpacks!  That will be my goal for tonight.  And if you can resist the urge to hit the snooze, getting up even just 10 minutes early to get yourself together, read a verse and pray will help get you mentally prepared for all you have to handle in the morning!   








Psalms 5:8
"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

 Proverbs 31:15
"She rises also while it is yet night and gives meat to her household and a portion to her maidens"

Psalms 63:1
 "O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee"



Thanks for stopping by! Would love it if you would "follow" my Blog!! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. so so so so great! Loved this! <3 Thanks Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was wonderful! I recently changed my attitude about getting up in the morning and wow the change in my household was amazing! So I forcefully started getting up in a happy mood and amazingly everyone started getting up happy and it's no longer a forced action for me! And adding your helpful hints... Yippee!! Will start this tonight! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete