Friday, March 4, 2011

Discouragement

Discouragement paralyzes motivation like a deadly snakebite.....


He whispers in our ear.....


You are small, Look at the amazing things others are doing, why even bother, there's nothing that hasn't already been done.


Almost 3o now, life is passing. face reality there are many better than you, you are not original.


Then I hear the quiet whisper of the spirit of God ........


I never meant for you to know of every way I am working through others in the entire world. you need to be doing what I called you to do in YOUR WORLD.


You can make a difference for me


All the little things DO matter.


You are the most magnificent, original, special and BIG person to the three little people I put in your care.... THEY ARE YOUR WORLD.


Don't forget my word....



Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"



John 15:16a, "You did not choose me, but I choose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain."



Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts I think toward you sayeth the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."



Psalms 40:5, "Many O Lord are thy wonderous works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are toward us; they can not be reckoned up in order unto thee. If I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered."


Psalms 139:14, "I will praise thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."



And HIS peace settles the soul and quiets the accuser's voice.


Isaiah 26:3, "And you will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you/"

-Shannon

4 comments:

  1. Loved this Shannon! Thank you so much! I love the last line.... "And His Peace settles the soul and quiets the accuser's voice.

    Praise the Lord for that!

    Love,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you shannon, I really needed to read this today... I am so thankful for you and miss you so much!!! Love you, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post shannon! I have been dealing with discouragement as well, believing lies from the devil that I am not good enough, thinking thoughts "if only i were prettier" and even feeling invisible and worthless around church, school and work! Thanks for encouraging me and sharing this :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement Shannon. This was a great post :) I have been dealing with discouragement for longer than I care to say as I've come to believe the lies Satan has been telling me for years and now I must get back into God's Word and retrain my brain.

    ReplyDelete